on: Friday 30 October, 2009, 02:38:37 AM
I have Windos XP Home installed on this copmuter. A couple of days ago, my wife told me she was getting errors. This is the error:
The instructions at "0x0edf2dec" referenced memory at "0x0061004c". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program
I noticed that it happens when I run Norton antivirus. Also when I run Mozzilla Firefox.
After Norton crashed I get Norton's 'Oneclick' support window. After the error occurs, it will randomly happen mutliple time.
Has anyone run into this problem before. I'm guessing the answer is yes, I hope.
-Thanks in advance-
on: Friday 30 October, 2009, 09:41:50 AM
This error is mainly related to faulty RAM. If you have 2 RAM sticks, try using one at a time and if the system gives the error on a particular RAM stick, you would know which one’s faulty.
The other reason could be a Virus which is not allowing Norton to access its files, what you can do is go to the Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Norton Antivirus from there. Then you reinstall the Anti Virus, and run a complete system scan. If the Virus is found remove it or quarantine it. This would certainly fix the issue.
on: Friday 30 October, 2009, 10:55:08 AM
on: Friday 30 October, 2009, 12:37:53 PM
The Advanced Boot Options menu is displayed.
• Select Safe Mode from among the options, and press Enter key. This will take you to Windows Safe Mode.
• Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs
• Search Norton Anti-Virus. Click Change/Remove.
• Choose uninstall option from the window that appears.
• Then restart your computer.
• After restart start the Safe Mode again and Install the Anti Virus using its setup file.
• After it completes setup run a Full System Scan.
on: Friday 30 October, 2009, 01:28:58 PM